Futurebirds - Portico I
A year after the release of their latest LP, Hotel Parties — which Relix called “an honest, mature and articulate record .. the band’s most timeless and cohesive release to date,” — Athens, GA’s prolific Futurebirds have emerged with their latest batch of recordings.
The two-part album - aptly titled Portico I & II - embodies songs on life and love. Cover songs like “From Me To You,” about sending love to a longing lover, or the original “Only Here For Your Love,” about the humble and simple nature of love in its purest forms. On the work, the band states “The songs are a reflection of our own desires and lives, the music a reflection of doing what feels right, and only what feels right, regardless of outside influence or objections. This is our way of taking our music, lives, and futures into our own hands,and what greater cause is there?”
PAST PRESS HIGHLIGHTS
- Brooklyn Vegan Premiere - "Only Here For Your Love" from Portico I
- FTW by USA Today "Top Song of the Week"
- Team Coco "twentyseven" Video Premiere
- KEXP Live Session
- OPB Session
- OurVinyl Session
- Oxford American "GA Music" Issue Sampler Inclusion
- Vox Feature / Album Review
- Baeblemusic "Hotel Parties" Video Premiere
- KEXP Song of The Day & "Music That Matters" Feature
- Relix Album Review
- Stereogum Premiere "twentyseven"
- Wall Street Journal Premiere "Deadbeat Hits"
- Live Music Daily Live Review
- Rolling Stone Country SxSW Preview
- Southern Living "10 Southern Bands To Listen To Today"
- CMT Edge Feature
- Huffington Post Show Review
- Jambase Feature
- Paste Magazine Live at Aloft Hotels Session
- High Res Photo: DOWNLOAD JPEG
- High Res Cover Art: DOWNLOAD JPEG for PORTICO I
- Bio: DOWNLOAD DOC
- Request Album Download
RECOMMENDED IF YOU LIKE
Deer Tick, Heartless Bastards, Wilco, Drive-By Truckers
- Management: Kevin Monty, email@example.com
- Booking: Jon Prine, firstname.lastname@example.org
- GM, Marketing: Stephen Brower, email@example.com
- Distribution, Product, Marketing: Terry Groves, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artist Assets, Promotions, Media: Stephanie Edwards, email@example.com
- Radio: Graham MacRae, firstname.lastname@example.org
- PR: email@example.com
CATALOG NUMBER: ES027 & ES030 (DIGI) || UPC // PORTICO I: 191018270049